1. Interpret the theme however you want. You can show how you feel or what you do or even explain how you deal with it, for example. This is entirely open to individual interpretation.
2. You can create up to THREE entries. They can be the same medium or vary greatly.
* If you're creating a literature piece with chapters it will be considered as one entry. Three chapters will not be three entries.
* If you want to tell a visual story, but it has different parts similar to chapters, it will be considered as one entry. Three parts are not three entries.
* If you contribute a prize but still want to enter you can create only two entries.
3. Collaborating with another artist (or multiple artist) will result in sharing a prize. If your partner(s) don't want the prize that mean you get it all.
* Photo manipulations using stock from many artists will not mean they entered unless the stock was created specifically for this contest.
* No more than four artists can work on a single project due to the nature of the prizes.
4. Your entry, or entries, must be created specifically for this contest. That means nothing made before May 1st, 2016.
5. In the artist's description of your entry/entries:
* you must link back to this journal.
* explain how your entry fits with the theme. It doesn't matter if the finished piece explains itself, you must put the information in there.
* credit where credit is due. If you used stock link back to the stock as well as the artist.
* if it's a collaboration you must link to your partner(s) art profile, be it on devArt, tumblr, wordpress, Redbubble, or whatever. You must link back to them.
* if it's a collaboration it can be entered by only one artist. Four people worked to create it? Choose who will be entering it, and in the description explain what each artist did/contributed.
6. I will choose my top ten favorites and place them in a poll for others to vote on them. If you created three entries only ONE will be placed in the voting poll.
7. There will be three winners. First place will get to choose their prize first, second will choose the next one, and third will get last pick. All entries will be featured by me.
* I will be working on making the prizes over the course of the next few months. When I finish them they'll be posted in my gallery and featured here to show what the winners will get to choose.
* If you want to contribute a prize please comment here. Notes get lost.
* Prizes will be added over the course of the next few months. They may range from points to commissions and anything in-between.
* The prizes I make will be the ones you can choose from unless a prize contributor decides to allow the winners to choose as well.
8. Because the prizes I create will be physical items I will be mailing them to you. This requires your shipping/mailing address, and I will ship these internationally if the cost is reasonable. Some countries have outrageous shipping costs, and as such I won't ship to those countries. Malaysia is the most expensive place I have ever shipped to, and have no intention of mailing anything there again. It costs a minimum of $30 regardless of the weight or value of the item being shipped. I had made a prize for a contest someone else held, and the value of said prize was $15 USD. I lost a great deal of money shipping to them because of weight and value (it cost me $45 USD).
* If you're not comfortable with giving me your mailing/shipping address but know someone who is I can instead ship the item to them. They can, in turn, give it to you.
* If you want someone else to have the prize you choose I will need an address to ship it to if you want me to mail it to them directly. I can include a card if the item is a gift from you.
* I'm shipping from the USA.
* If shipping to you proves to be very expensive and you're will to cover the cost I will be more than happy to send the prize to you.
* If you live somewhere that shipping is expensive but you know someone who can receive it at a lower cost and ship it to you I can send it to them instead. They can mail it to you afterwards.
9. Samples of prizes you may receive can be seen here
. The prizes will vary from table runners, place mat sets, coaster sets, candle mats, and other small items. I plan on making at least six prize options. Whatever prizes aren't chosen will be placed in my Etsy shop
for purchase. If you want a prize that wasn't chosen you can purchase it from there.
10. If you have any questions or concerns please comment here. This journal entry will be updated as prizes are offered and entries are made.
Contest Duration: May 1st, 2016 to September 1st, 2016 at Midnight US Pacific Time
First Place Winner
Second Place Winner
Third Place WinnerEntries Thus Far