Made using a Final Fantasy 7 pendant, turquoise beads, seed beads, and cotton cord. I never actually played the game, so if I used the wrong colors or something I really wouldn't know. I honestly thought the pendant was a wolf head.
Length from end to end: 17 in/44.5 cm
Width: 1 in/2.5 cm
Width from top of choker to bottom of pendant: 2.5 in/6.5 cm
Properties of turquoise
- One of the first gemstones to be mined, turquoise has long been prized for it's intense colors, which vary greatly from sky blue to green, depending on the quantities of iron and copper found in it.
- Egyptians prized Turquoise as a Life Stone. The oldest pieces of jewelry set with this gem are four bracelets found on the mummified arm of Queen Zar. She ruled in Egypt about 5500 BC.
- Highly revered in Tibet, a Turquoise stone was carried throughout one’s entire life. It was exchanged as currency & the finest stones were considered more valuable than gold.
- Turquoise is still a valued power stone. It will strengthen and align all of the Chakras; and it can be used to cleanse your energy centers. As a meditation tool, the gem can assist in clearing your mind, opening you to the Universal All. Use Turquoise to attune to the spiritual plane or provide protection during vision quests or astral travel.
- Native Americans believed the stone brought protection to a rider upon a horse, and great protection in general, especially to turn away the evil eye.
- Called "sky stone" or "stone of heaven" by some Native Americans, the vibrations of turquoise can build a spiritual bridge between worlds and give strong psychic powers to the bearer.
- Turquoise is considered to be a symbol of generosity, sincerity, and affection. It preserves friendships and can make friends out of enemies in time. Traditionally is is said to only bring good luck if given, not purchased. However, this is not always the case. One must take into consideration the innate energy of each stone individually.
- Turquoise was part of the medical equipment of most physicians of the fifteenth century; the claim was that this stone could counteract the affects of any poison.
- A master healer and a stone of yin (feminine) energy, turquoise is most helpful with female disorders. Also used to prevent and cure headaches. A strong stone for toning and strengthening the entire body and regenerating tissue.
- It's best known for it's drawing powers. When pressed against the diseased or troubled portion of the body, the illness is then visualized as being drawn into the stone and out of the body, thus removing it all together.
- Tradition says that this stone reflect the health of the body and the aura by changing color.
- Energy: Receptive
- Element: Earth
- Deities: Hathor, Buddha, The Great Spirit (American Indian)
- Powers: Protection, courage, money, love, friendship, healing and luck!
- Turquoise is used regularly to gain wealth, and it used or worn during money attraction spells. Given as a gift, turquoise bestows wealth and happiness to it's receiver.
- The stone is also utilized in love spells and magic. It can be worn, carried or given to a love one. It is frequently used to promote marital harmony. It is told that if the color of the stone fades, so has the love of the recipient.
- Discharge turquoise once a month in a bowl of dry tumbled hematite stones and recharge overnight among rock crystals - out of the light of the sun!
- Associations: Venus, Neptune
- Modern Birthstone for the Month of December.
- Stone of Sagittarius, Pisces, Scorpio and Aquarius, it is a symbol of beauty, virtue and loyalty.
- Turquoise is particularly effective on the 5th, Throat Chakra.
- Enhances meditation by helping with creativity, peace of mind, communication and emotional balance. A protecting and balancing stone, turquoise can align the chakras. It gently urges the wearer to seek out answers and knowledge.
Info on wolves as totems:
- Wolves are the epitome of stamina, known to run 35 miles a day in pursuit of prey. They are highly misunderstood animals, who have gained the reputation of being cold blooded. In reality wolves are friendly and social creatures. Aggression is something they avoid, preferring rather to growl or create a posture to show dominance.
- Even though living in close knit packs provide wolves with a strong sense of family, they are still able to maintain their individuality. Wolves represent the spirit of freedom, but they realize that having individual freedom requires having responsibilities.
- Because wolf is a teacher and pathfinder, he comes when we need guidance in our lives. Those who have a Wolf Totem will move on to teach others about sacredness and spirituality. Wolf can also teach how to balance the responsibility of family needs and not to lose one's personal identity.
- Wolf teaches us to develop strength and confidence in our decisions. He shows we will learn to trust our insights once we learn how to value our inner voice. This wisdom keeps us from inappropriate action. If wolf appears in your life examine where you need to develop more confidence and if you need more balance between friends, family, and yourself.
- Despite the Wolf's reputation as being a fierce creature to be feared by man; in the spiritual world he is actually valued for his affinities with human kind. The reality of it is that the wolf is actually a very social; intelligent and friendly animal; He is one of the most faithful of all animal guides. The wolf and the raven are very close in the spiritual world as the wolf will often be led to food by the raven; and the raven will also follow the wolf closely.
- If you were to take the time to study the wolf you may realize the wonderful qualities and energies that this magnificent creature will bring into your life as your guide; you will learn to understand the qualities that this guide urges you to live by.
- Although a wolf certainly has the strength and knowledge to stand alone; he shows us the importance of family and friends. The pack is a wolf's large facet of meaningful survival. The pack learns to work together and respect one another's position within the pack; there is much to be said here if we heed to the wolf's knowledge. As a leader of his pack the wolf will use his descipline to keep the wolfs in order; on the same flip of the coin the wolf leader also shows great love and affection for all members of his pack...seeing here the importance of descipline and love within a family unit. The wolf qualities within your life may make you feel as if you need to spend time alone; but don't deny the importance of companionship and togetherness. To know and accept the wolf as your guide will help to bring these qualities into your life where they may be lacking; if just being introduced to the wolf he may be encouraging you to bring and allow these qualities into your life.
- The wolf brings all of the qualities of faithfulness,intuition,the shadow and learning. Inner strength is the key to strength and power; if you feel restless within yourself at times; and when you are alone you feel such a stirring from deep within that you feel a fear and uncomfortableness; this may be your innerstrength and power calling to you. You should face those feelings and stirrings within and learn to know your deepest self and even the darkest of places within known as the shadow. When you accomplish this is when and where you will find courage and TRUE spiritual companionship.
- The wolf brings learning with him; he tells us that sometimes we must cross barriers in our lives; take risks and to even sometimes go beyond what is considered "normal" behavior in order that we may learn and grow. These barriers may be difficult and painful to cross at times but knowledge is gained through experience; and strength is gained through battles.
- If you have embraced, accepted, and know Wolf; you become whole and learn to face your own inner strength; fierceness and power. You learn to trust yourself uniting with the hidden side of your being; find the true power!! Your dreams and intuition will help you to come to know your innerself; pay heed to them. You will allow all of the qualities and energies he brings into your life. An introduction to the wolf may indicate that he is urging you to listen to his message and allow his qualities and energies into your life; he may be telling you that the fear you may feel of aloneness may in reality be a fear of your own inner fierceness and strengths; dwelve within the darkness and discover your inner strength and come to know your inner self.